Eggolls are super tasty, and they’re easier to make at home than you might think. You can make a few as appetizers, or have a bunch for an entire meal. With home made sweet and sour sauce, you’ll all set.
– 1 package of egg roll wrappers
– 1 head of napa cabbage, shredded or 1 package of shredded cabbage
– 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks or half a package of shredded carrots
– 1 tablespoon fried garlic
– 1 pound ground pork
– 1 cup red wine
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– red pepper flakes, to taste
– 6 mushrooms, diced (optional)
1. Saute the cabbage, carrots, mushrooms (if using) and garlic until just wilted.
2. Make a space in the center of the cabbage and sauté the pork until completely cooked through.
3. Combine the pork and cabbage in the pan until mixed well. Add the red wine and soy sauce and simmer until the liquid has been mostly absorbed/evaporated.
4. Add the red pepper flakes and sesame oil and remove from heat.
5. Cool the filling mix completely in the freezer (this should take 20-30 minutes).
6. Fill each wrapper with 2 tablespoons of filling.
7. Shallow fry each roll for a few minutes until the outside is golden brown.
Serve warm with sweet and sour sauce. For a complete dinner, you can make wonton soup and Mongolian beef… a super tasty combination!
Making your own sweet and sour sauce is just as simple – it’s basically a vinaigrette.
– 1 cup ketchup
– 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– red pepper flakes to taste
1. Combine everything and adjust the quantities of vinegar and oil to your taste.