The seed catalogs have begun their annual assault on my mailbox. And with the arrival of the catalogs, I start dreaming and planning all the things I’m going to grow over the next season. The list can get pretty out of control pretty quickly.
So before I even crack open a catalog (okay, I’ve done that already, highlighter in hand) – okay, before I place any orders, I figured I ought to take stock of the seeds I have left from seasons past.
– Chiogga Beets (from North Pond restaurant, of all places)
– Earthbound Farm Organic Heirloom Lettuce mix
– Victory Seeds Thumbelina Carrots
– Pinetree Garden Seeds Music Box Sunflowers
– Renee’s Garden Mignonette Alpine Strawberries
– Burpee True Lavender
– Burpee Lady Lavender
– Burpee Red Blush Green Onion
– Burpee German Chamomile
– Seed Savers Exchange Martino’s Roma Tomato
– Seed Savers Exchange Tennis Ball Lettuce
– Seed Savers Exchange Lollo Rossa Lettuce
– Seed Savers Exchange Silvery Fir Tree Tomato
I apparently also have some Iris bulbs. So maybe I don’t need to buy much… but I typically can’t resist these types of things. Maybe some Lacinato kale and leeks… and I can never resist buying thyme at the nursery. Now the only problem is keeping a clear head and not going crazy while placing the order!