Short on storage but have a grid-style cooling rack lying around? You can do more than cool cakes and cookies in these things, and you can usually find them on the cheap at the thrift store. A few ideas –
– Use it as a drying rack for hand-washed delicates by laying it over the sink.
– Hang it on the kitchen wall and add some hooks to keep utensils off the counter (or in your office or craft area).
– To make a pretty trivet, weave fabric, yarn, jute or leather through it.
– Hang it from the kitchen ceiling with hooks and chain and you have a drying rack for flowers and herbs.
– Weave a pretty ribbon around the border and mount it to the wall in your bedroom for a jewelry rack – you can hang earrings or clip necklaces to it.