I haven’t been doing a lot of crafting these days. The last month has been consumed with moving and getting settled in the new apartment (which we can finally say, we are at last, completely settled). I have done a few projects this summer – I hemmed a Norwegian-printed table runner, made one monster doll, started some strawberry printed potholders, papered a bulletin board with a map of Rome and white ribbon and made a shadowbox of mementos from my husband’s 30th birthday trip to San Francisco. But that’s not nearly enough, so here’s a list of things I intend to work on this fall –
– Finish the strawberry potholders. I need to sew red bias tape binding around the edge; I needed to rework the original instructions I was sewing from since they didn’t account for sewing around the hanging loop.
– Sew a crayon roll for my eldest niece’s Christmas gift.
– Sew a quartet of owl dolls for Christmas gifts for both of my nieces (they recently redecorated their new shared room with trees and owls.
– Glitter some rats! Yes, you read that correctly. I have a package of eight plastic rats I got last year and I’m going to cover the little buggers in black glitter with red glitter eyes and use them for Halloween decorations.
– Sew a pair of throw pillows for a Christmas gift.
– Sew a table runner for a Christmas gift.
– Make some soy candles in green bail-top Ball jars.
– Sew a burgundy border for our bedroom curtain – it’s a bit short and needs another 3-4 inches on length – a simple border will do the trick and match the existing panel.